Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quotation of the Day

"First they ignore you,then they laugh at you,then they fight you,then you win."       Mahatma Gandhi
 
 
Have you noticed when you had a dream, an idea of doing something not necessarily on the beaten path like starting a business rather than getting a job or wanting to be an actor or wanting to do something that seems to be BIG, that this quotation applies.  When we run through our minds simply telling our parents, our spouses, our confidants about our idea, we almost always talk ourselves out of our dream, our idea, before we even pose it to someone because of the response simply anticipate we'll receive?   
 
I wonder if my daughters, my friends, those who may have come to me for inspiration and support, received from me what I may have justified as common sense, or protecting them from being hurt, that I participated in the demise of their dreams.  
 
Books I have read and interviews of watched of people who have achieved great things always talk about those who laughed at them, those who tried to protect them from dreaming too loftily and being hurt perserveered and achevied something great.  Something big in their own right.  That needs to be the example.  
 
Fostering dreams is fostering all that seems impossible at this moment.  That is what I want to do, foster dreams!
 
Happy New Year
 
Anything you'd like to add?
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky
 
 
See this an other quoatation at: http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment