Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quotation of the Day

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."

John E. Southard

 

"We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us."    Rabindranth Tagore

 

"It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."   Henry Ward Beeche

 

 "The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good."

Ann Landers
 
I received an email this morning from a very good friend with a wonderful Christmas card that brought home all the wonder and expression of love this time of years is all about.  So, I included a few quotations today that I feel represent some of the ideas I need to be focusing on to assure I am creating for everyone I come in contact with the same feeling she just created for me in sending the card. 
With it I include a challenge to you, how many acts can you create before Christmas that will generate the response I felt from her loving message.  I will challenge myself to heed the messages of these quotations and include my family, friends, etc. but my challenge well be to include my perceptions of the world, my judgement of those who may not share my beliefs, morals or ideals.  I will go out of my way to express kindness and acceptance to someone I don't know and has no effect in my daily life and of course for those who do as well; in an effort to continue the flow of love and warmth my friends email gave me this morning. 
And I am sure I can find something I don't need, or may need less than someone else, give it up and share my richness.  
 
Merry Christmas everyone. 
Share you thoughts or experiences, I can't wait to hear from you.
 
Love you all,
Jacky
 
P.S.
You can see this and other quotations as well as share your thoughts with others at:

No comments:

Post a Comment