Friday, December 4, 2009

Fwd: Quotation of the Day


"The longer you stay in one place, the greater your chance of disillusionment."     Art Spander
 
"The Lord has no patience with anger!  Anger stems from pure selfishness."          Spencer W. Kimball
 
Hello Everyone: 
 
These two quotations give me the opportunity to put into words a way of thinking that has stretched my capacity for humility, increased my acceptance of others and opened my mind to what I may be able to learn about the things I think I already know.  
 
Just yesterday I read Spencer Kimball's quotation, and the moment I read it I knew it to be true.  My previous level of understating of anger would not have included "selfishness" as a quality involved in this manner.   This opened a entirely new dimension to this common human response.  So,now I know when "anger" is my response I have closed off to the other possible perspectives involved in the situation.  Wow what a revelation.  
 
The first quotation relates for me because, while anger is a common emotion to all of us, and my believing I understood it, a simple quotation altered this everyday word and emotion in a way that will change my response to others who are angry, my response to my anger and deepened my ability to understand many situations more effectively.  
 
Yet another reason for me to be willing to fight the comfort and ease of complacency and enter the world of change and growth saving myself  from my own disillusionment.  
 
Any thoughts you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky
 
 
You can view this and many other quotation I've sent out on my blog at http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/.  There are other feeds of quotations for your enjoyment there as well.  Please feel free to leave comments there for everyone to enjoy. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment