Monday, December 21, 2009

Dec 21 09 Quotation of the Day

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."     Carl Jung
 
 
I had the most wonderful experience of having my father with me for seven and half years.  It was quite a learning experience to live with your parent as an adult.  As we lived our lives day to day I learned many my traits that I got from my father.  My internal clock was a gift from him, we went to bed around the same time each night and woke around the same time each morning. 
 
There were some difficult personality traits that I felt were difficult for me deal with for us to live together peacefully.  Some were irritating.  Over time my lesson was that I saw myself in these particular traits.  This, I came to know later, was the source of my irritation.  I was grateful to have had that much time with my father as it took me all that time to figure this out and begin to admit these unattractive traits of my own, and own up to them.  What else could I have learned had I had 15 years.  Well, that is my job to continue the learning.  But now, I know the first trigger to identify these things in myself, what is it I find irritating in others?  I know it is not always the case however, I do know know it is often true.  So, I'll always question, is my irritation because it is reflection of myself.  
 
I am sure that where I find I am impatient and don't posses an understanding of someone and I feel irritation; it is simply another form of an unattractive, nonfunctional part of myself, be it prejudice, supreriority, lack of knowledge or understanding.  No matter what, my irriatation is most likely a repsonse generated from a rather non flattering quality of me!! 
 
I'd love to hear anything you have to share.  
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky 
 
P.S.
You can see this and other quotations as well as share your thoughts with others at:
http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment