Friday, February 12, 2010

Quotation of the Day

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."        Mahatma Gandhi
 
The path to "faith" particularly in myself has been a long and ttreacherous path.  It took significant personal strife to learn my "faith" in myself was a great weakness.  The trials life delivered I knew I could survive and conquer them.  The challenges, disappointments and even some of my goals like completing my education, being an available and involved mother, in these externally delivered challenges my faith was strong.  
 
Where I had almost no belief in myself was when the things that came from deep inside, things I truly desired.  And when I'd see job, or some community project that was very meaningful to me but was big or seemingly lofty,  my faith in "me" was non existent.  I remember a few times my internal dialogue talking myself right out of it.    
 
Now, essentially, I know I my lack of belief was the cause of my inability to do these things.  That simply changing my belief; the ability, path and strength needed to accomplish what I wanted to do presented itself.  The path to the "knowing" that I am a Divine creation; which is so easy for me to see and believe in all "others".  But turning this divinity towards myself, whew, I'm still working on it.  In the beginning, I allowed my mind to tell me I was not deserving of the same things I'd immediately believe, with all my heart, others deserved.  My belief that these paths that were presenting themselves were really "meant" for others, NOT ME caused me to pass them by.  With practice, reading, learning, sharing with others my thoughts and beliefs I learned, am learning, that I am divine, as everyone else, then I began to believe these paths were really meant for me, and I had a responsibility beyond myself to travel them. 
 
We are own worst enemy at times.  Learning to love ourselves as we do others is something we not only owe ourselves but the essence of our creation, purpose and creator.  My work, on me continues.  YOU, are divine, YOUR possibilities are limitless, YOUR imagination is your responsibility to materialize, and the source of all creation is counting on YOU to create what they inspired you to imagine. 
 
Any thoughts you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky
 
P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment