Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quotation of the Day 2/4/2010

 "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."
Carl W. Buechner

 

 

 

This quotation describes the primal manner in which we truly communicate with one another, the lasting affect our interactions have one another and the power to positively (or negatively) impact those with whom we interact. 

 

My mother was so powerful in positively impacting others.  People always left her feeling better then when they came.  Whether our interaction is a brief encounter at the grocery store or evening together, we know those who make us feel better when we're around them.  We always feel fondly towards those people who make us feel good in their presence and happy to see them and desirous to be in their presence. 

 

There are those moments you don't feel well, or you're in midst of a personal struggle that you may not be able to get outside yourself to emanate a warm, welcoming and caring demeanor for others.  But if I can find the composure to get out of myself, extend these positive feeling for someone else what has always been the result is that I feel better myself. 

 

Thank you to all of you who have lifted me, and deeper thanks for those times you lifted me when you were not feeling your best.  I will be forever working to lift, inspire, promote and extend and uplifting demeanor for all those I touch. 

 

Any thoughts you'd like to share?

 

Love you all,

Jacky

 

P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment