Friday, January 29, 2010

Quotation of the Day

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."                          Mother Teresa
 
 
I allow the first part of this quotation to override the second much to often.  Do you?  I do get caught up in my little piece of the pie and forget to relate my contribution to the whole.  Particualarly in moments of difficulty or disappointment.  The the mass of all I don't comprehend, that that I have no grasp of and my part, my drop eludes me.  Like in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" could any of us really go back through our lives and measure the changes in everyone's lives we've touched, the contribution we've made to whole?  And with out that "drop" what may be different had we not existed.  I allow the feeling of being simply a drop in the ocean to diminish my enthusiasm, faith and confidence.  I must take time each day to focus on the whole, the vastness of all and allow my drop to count for the drop that it is.  Allow this to renew my faith, feed my enthusiasm and bolster my confidence to dontinue to do the part of my drop and to allow all the good I may have ever done to sooth me. 
 
Any thoughts you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
Jacky 
 
P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations/responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment