Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quotation of the Day

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."         Denis Waitley
 
 
Wow, I love this quotation.  I often catch myself whining in my head or feeling overwhelmed and sorry for myself based on surrounding conditions.  If I could only learn to see each situation as an opportunity to stand up, take control, assess the situation and determine what I can do in the one situation I'm facing at that time, to create the environment/conditions more amenable to my desires or desired outcome.  Changing how I think, and how I respond to things takes effort, daily effort and the things that I don't happen address regularly are the ones that throw a wrench in assuring a more positive response.  Therefore, developing a pattern by which I "think" my through situations will aid me when circumstances present themselves unexpectedly.  
 
This quotation will be a part of my pattern, when I find myself frustrated, feeling sorry for myself or whatever, I'll ask, do I choose to accept these conditions as they exist or take responsibility and change them?  Good first step:  You agree?    Wish me luck. 
 
Anything you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky
 
P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations/responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment