Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quotation of the Day

"For a time     I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."                —  Wendell Berry
 
 
Of all the places in my life I need to improve this is probably the most profound.  Always caught up in the list of things to do for the day, my mind consumed with thinking, thinking about the past, the future, situations, desires, and on and on and on.  Little do I "sit",  empty my mind and bask in the grace that exist all around me.
 
The comfort, calm, peace and clarity all come when we're present, when in touch with this ever present "grace".  The wonder of all that is possible exist, surrounds me each moment and it is lost to me as I allow my mind to be consumed with thoughts.  The thoughts that constantly occupy my mind.  The pressure I feel in everyday choices that present themselves feel as though they are a test, tests of my soul, my character and that feel as though they are pivotal to my future path. 
 
If I'd only stop, become quiet (quiet my minds ever present chatter), know and trust in the grace that is present every moment and trust it, I am confident I would be able to hear my hearts desires and know path I desire to take at that moment, feel at peace and accept all around me with more love and grace.
 
Any thoughts?
 
Love you all,
Jacky
 
 
P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment