Monday, January 11, 2010

Quotation of the Day

I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."      Johann Kaspar Lavater    
 
 
 

I have shared with a friend in the last few weeks that I struggle to "ask" for those things of which are very important to me.  As I read this quotation (repeatedly) and I considered this confession, clarity of this resistance arose.  I am not "delivering" therefore; I am timid and hesitant to "ask".   I am not experienced in "giving" of those things I resist asking for.  Wow what a revelation.  How freeing it is to simply "know" to gain an understanding of what is going on in my mind, my thought process, my decision making processes and my auto responses. 

I can, now with this knowledge, look back at times when some of this nature of this nature was asked of me and I resisted.  I justified my resisting fulfilling the request by telling myself that my fulfilling this request was somehow not proper.  

With this new perspective; when something of nature is being asked of me, now,  I can deliver with open grace.  Thank you Johann Kasper Lavater, thank you. 

The test of success?  When I am accustom to fulfilling these desires for others I will in turn be capable of asking boldly. 

 

Any thoughts?

 

Love you all,

 

Jacky

 

P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment