Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quotation of the Day


"He who undervalues himself is justly undervalued by others."        William Hazlitt
 
 
As a child growing up my Mom use to say "if you don't like yourself, no one else will".  I know this, somewhere deep inside me I KNOW this is true.  And I know I like many things about  myself.  However, I must admit that consciously I have thoughts that continue to thwart this belief with doubt and fear.  How does this contradiction exist?  This baffles me.  That in some regard I have confidence and know I am a good person with significant love for others and a strong desire to serve.  But, in the very same space in my mind co-exists the doubt I deserve to have things I desire life. 
 
Each day my intent is to focus on positive aspects in all parts of life.  After a few years of this practice I see a change to the positive of settling this in congruent co-existence in my mind.  But as usual, I am work in progress. 
 
Now, as I see how others treat me, this can be a measure for me of my own thoughts and feelings of myself what I am projecting and allow this to guide me to where I can work on myself to win this battle. 
 
Any thought you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
Jacky
 
  
  P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:    http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment