Monday, April 19, 2010

Quotation of the Day


"I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge."                   Gerald G. Jampols

 

 

I catch myself too many times a day thinking judgmental thoughts.  Little ones, big ones.   Some simple thoughts that I trick myself into thinking they are not judgmental, when in fact, when I follow them through to why I thought them, they certainly are judgmental.  Like:   Why do they do that?  I would never do that?   While driving:  What aaare youu DOING?  Turn already!!!  I am right, they are wrong it is that simple.  When I am sure if I were in their car, what is going on would make perfect sense.  But in my car, for my purposes, they are impeding me and what I want to do.  

 

Judging what others are wearing, choices people make, anything outside of my morals, logic or measure of right and wrong, is judgement!!!!  I do this every day, many times a day.  

 

This is why I may fear others are judging me; because I spend my valuable brain space, albeit quickly and instantaneously, thinking about and judging them.  If I would spend this effort, productively or even positively, how would my outlook improve, would my productivity improve, how would my own self esteem improve, I need to work on this and find out.  

 

I must learn and implement acceptance for all others; keep myself in check and know the trigger to judgement is when my personal measure of value or deeds is the origin of my thought.   

Any thoughts you'd like to share?
 
Love you all,
 
Jacky
  
 
   P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:  http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment