Thursday, November 26, 2009

Quotation of the Day

"A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood."          Chinese Proverb
 

I have thought about his quotation for several days.  The plethora of aspects where this idea could be applied is so vast my little mind cannot comprehend.  But the idea I feel compelled to write about and solidify in my mind is how this applies to how my mind deals with prejudices. 

When I hear again things I have said and review the thoughts that stream through my mind and I listen to the news, or to people speak about social issues or even when talking about work, employees of one office of the same company often judge those who work in another office.  Or a when there is about a particular religion vs. another religion, religious people vs. spirituals, straights vs. gays, etc., all I hear is judgment generating "prejudice".

What is happening is not our implementation of our morality, or spirituality, not our exampling our faith; but our own mind telling us those who are "different", those living unlike "our" way, are immoral, they are unfaithful, wrong, dangerous, and a plethora of uniquely created "judgments" our personal minds can create.

When, all this time I have participated in such ungracious activity I know my heart has told me acceptance is God's expectation of me.  Any thought I give to the ways of others I am deviating from grace.  I am taking on Gods role of which I am perfectly and completely incapable of.  Actually, my act of judgment is an act judging of God's creations.  Wow, the time I've spent in life judging others, completely and wholly acting above God.  Oh My!!!!  I will read this quotation for a while to assure I keep my eyes focused with-in, trusting God to create all in this world in his infinite wisdom and spend my time to improve the work he has trusted in me. 

Sorry this one was so long I simply needed to create this as my own check on my minds activity.

Please share your thoughts.

Love you all,

Jacky


No comments:

Post a Comment