Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quotation of the Day


"We must not say every mistake is a foolish one."

Cicero



Shedding the thought that mistakes are embarrassing is a struggle!!  Well, it has been for me.  Mistakes are the evidence you're in search of the fruit of any experience.  Growing up in a world where I was somewhat protected from disappointment and failure distorted my perception of feeling accomplishment through effort regardless of the outcome on the path.  I perceived that growing up in a world where we share our experiences with each other in hopes of improving others experiences that those offering guidance on my path in gaining wisdom through experience were ones of judgement and criticism.  Maybe some were.  But allowing that thought process was a costly one.  While some lessons can be learned via others experiences for each of us there are the lessons we must learn first hand via experience; even if the same path as another has taken before you the element "experience" is that that creates wisdom/compassion.  I feared the judgement that would come from the one who traveled the path I was currently learning from; even though my lesson may deliver me to completely different perspective or outcome. 

This is not to say that learning from another's experience does not have value.  I am very grateful for some lessons I learned with out personally experiencing the path, thank you.  However, whether it's stubbornness or the requirement of the experience that will compel me to experience my own lessons for my own results, I hope to remain focused on that, the value in MY path and experience and celebrate the outcome with a sense of accomplishment.  I pray for feelings or encouragement and promotion to others on their path as well.  

Anything you'd like to share?
--
Namaste,
Jacky


 P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:   http://jackyabell.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment