Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quotation of the Day

"I claimed myself and remade my life."
—  Dorothy Allison


Good Morning:
Just like those pesky story problems contain the "red herrings", I hope to exercise critical thinking skills rather than trick you (lol), life is full of them too.  It is incredibly easy to get side tracked from ones purpose with all the "red herrings" life provides.  Some, may be wrapped in amazingly powerful, essential qualities that we empower by allowing them impact who we are today, what we do and feel; other "red herrings" allowed to influence how life's moments are spent come from incredibly inconsequential sources, yet we allow them to have power in life via our thoughts and attention, responding to them.  
It is amazing how little credibility is given to our own inner voice.  The source of greatness, the connection and validation of our purpose.  The guiding tools that would best keep life on course  manifests through those things that bring us joy, a feeling of value and validation/accomplishment.  To stay on course, these things require attention and value distracting us from our "red herrings".    
For me, to remain focused on my purpose requires daily attention, refocusing my attention/action to those activities true to me and my purpose, giving voice and physicality to the grandest version of the greatest vision I have ever held of who I am!  Everything else is beside the point.
Today, I recommit to reclaiming my life from my red herrings and make my life the greatest version of my greatest vision ever held of my own potential.  

Love you all.  

Anything you'd like to share?

P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:

 http://jackyabell.blogspot.com

 
--
Namaste,
Jacky

No comments:

Post a Comment