Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quotation of the Day (Poem)

I am sharing a poem with you that my dear friend Barry shared with me and it touched me deeply.  I hope you too receive the gift of universal love and connection this poem gave me.  I am so often in the place of searching for the right answer, direction, guidance and this poem helps define the way to do just that.  When I allow my "search" for direction to be navigated by my mind the response often feel conflicted, confusing and I feel doubtful and frustrated.  The minds connection is to me and my depth of knowledge and understanding.  It is tainted by my ego and dependent on what "others" think.  When I search my soul, its connection is to the universe and if I focus, get quiet with myself and allow myself to trust; the response is typically subtle, and calm; true to me and congruent with my purpose. 

 

Search your soul:  It is convenient; you always have it with you, it is true and calls from the eternal source. 

 

Here is the poem by James Kavanaugh' from his book of poetry titled: There Are Men Too Gentle To Live Among Wolves.


 

          In the Center Of Your Soul
 

There is quiet water
        In the center of your soul
Where a son or daughter
        Can be taught what no man knows

There's a fragrant garden
        In the center of your soul
Where the weak can harden
        And a narrow mind can grow

There's a rolling river
       In the center of your soul
An eternal river
       With a rich and endless flow

There's a land of muses
      In the center of your soul
Where the rich are losers
      And the poor are free to go

So remain with me , then,
      To pursue another goal
And to find your freedom
      In the center of your soul

 

Anything you'd like to share?  Please do.

 

 

Love you all,

Jacky

 

 

 P.S.  Find this and other wonderful quotations and responses at:   http://jackyabell.blogspot.com/  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment